There is a little mountain range just East of the Sierra North of Bridgeport that is just a fantastic place to go and explore. Ghost towns, old mines, and large stands of Aspen just waiting to be seen in the Fall. These are just a few of the draws to this little visited region. If you can make it up to the top of 11,667' Mt Patterson on a clear day you will be rewarded with one of the best views of the Northern Sierra from Matterhorn Peak to the Tahoe area.
If you do decide to go up Mt Patterson, be prepared to walk or have a small 4wd vehicle to make some tight hairpin curves on the side of a mountain face. With my 4runner I had to back up a few times to make a couple of turns. Don't mess up here, there's no forgiveness if you go over the edge.
I just spent a weekend there and I forgot the camera. Go and explore.
No comments:
Post a Comment